Dental Crowns in Westfield, London
At DS Dental Studio, our expert dental team is proud to offer a wide range of services, including dental crowns, designed to restore both the functionality and aesthetics of your teeth.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, often referred to as caps, are custom-made restorations that cover the entire visible portion of a damaged tooth. They are designed to restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of a tooth, offering both functional and cosmetic benefits. Dental crowns are typically recommended when a tooth has suffered extensive damage, such as severe decay, fractures, or after root canal therapy. These crowns are crafted from durable materials, ensuring longevity and resilience.
When Are Dental Crowns Needed?
Dental crowns serve a multitude of purposes, making them a versatile solution in restorative dentistry. Some common situations that may require dental crowns include:
- Severe Tooth Decay: When a tooth has extensive decay that cannot be effectively treated with a filling.
- Fractured or Cracked Teeth: Teeth that are fractured or cracked due to injury or trauma.
- Root Canal Treatment: After a root canal procedure, a crown is often placed to protect and strengthen the treated tooth.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: Dental crowns are used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of misshapen or discoloured teeth.
- Support for Dental Bridges: Dental crowns serve as anchor points for dental bridges, replacing missing teeth.
- Protection for Weakened Teeth: Teeth weakened by large fillings or structural damage can be reinforced with crowns.
Dental crowns are versatile restorations that cater to various dental needs, ensuring the longevity of your smile.
Benefits of Choosing Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer numerous advantages, including:
- Restored Functionality: Crowns enable you to bite and chew comfortably, especially for damaged teeth.
- Improved Aesthetics: They enhance the appearance of your smile by covering discoloured or misshapen teeth.
- Longevity: Dental crowns are durable and can last for many years with proper care.
- Protection: Crowns protect weakened or vulnerable teeth from further damage.
- Versatility: They can be used for both restorative and cosmetic purposes.
Types of Dental Crowns
There are various types of dental crowns available, each with its unique advantages. The most common materials used for dental crowns include porcelain, metal alloys, and ceramic. Porcelain crowns are prized for their natural appearance, closely resembling natural teeth. Metal alloy crowns, often made from gold or silver, offer exceptional strength and durability. Ceramic crowns, on the other hand, are known for their aesthetic appeal and are a popular choice for front teeth restorations.
The Dental Crown Process
The process of getting a dental crown typically involves several steps:
- Consultation: During your initial visit, our dentist will assess your oral health, discuss your concerns, and determine if a dental crown is the best solution for you.
- Tooth Preparation: The affected tooth is prepared by removing any decay or damage. The tooth is then reshaped to accommodate the crown.
- Impression: An impression of the prepared tooth is taken to create a custom-fitted crown that matches your natural teeth.
- Temporary Crown: While your permanent crown is being fabricated, a temporary crown is placed to protect the tooth.
- Crown Placement: Once your permanent crown is ready, it is securely bonded to the prepared tooth, ensuring a snug fit.
- Final Adjustments: Our dentist will make any necessary adjustments to ensure the crown’s comfort and function.
Are Dental Crowns Permanent?
While dental crowns are highly durable and long-lasting, they may require replacement after several years due to normal wear and tear. With proper care and oral hygiene, dental crowns can last between 10 to 15 years or even longer. Regular dental check-ups will help ensure the longevity of your crowns.
Dental Crown Aftercare
Maintaining good oral hygiene practices is crucial for the longevity of your dental crowns. Brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups are essential. Avoiding habits like teeth grinding and biting on hard objects will also help preserve your crowns.
Dental Crown Cost
At DS Dental Studio, we offer two primary types of dental crowns, each with its unique features:
- Gold Crowns: Our gold crowns are a durable and time-tested option. They are known for their longevity and strength. These crowns start from £688. However, it’s important to note that the final cost of a gold crown can vary depending on factors such as the size of the tooth, the materials used, and any additional procedures required.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns are a popular choice for those seeking a natural-looking restoration. They blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, providing an aesthetically pleasing result. Our porcelain crowns start from £841. As with gold crowns, the actual cost may be influenced by individual circumstances and treatment needs.
Several variables can impact the cost of your dental crown treatment:
- Materials: Obviously, the type of material used for your crown, whether it’s gold, porcelain, or another option, can influence the overall cost.
- Tooth Location: The location of the tooth in your mouth can affect the complexity of the procedure, potentially impacting the cost.
- Preparatory Work: In some cases, additional dental work, such as a root canal or gum treatment, may be necessary before crown placement, which can add to the overall cost.
- Additional Procedures: If you require any additional procedures, such as tooth extraction or bone grafting, these will affect the overall cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose DS Dental Studio for Crowns?
At DS Dental Studio, we understand that every patient’s needs are unique. That’s why we provide personalised treatment plans that consider your specific oral health condition and goals. During your consultation, our experienced dental team will evaluate your case, discuss your options, and provide you with a detailed estimate of the cost associated with your dental crown treatment.
We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality dental care, and we work with our patients to explore affordable financing options and payment plans, ensuring that you receive the best treatment without compromising your budget.
We are committed to helping you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile while addressing any financial concerns you may have. Your oral health is our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
What Our Patients Say
In addition to English, at the practice we can speak to you in:
We are conveniently located at 📍Unit 201a, Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA📍Reaching us is straightforward. You’ll find us along Wood Lane, on the outside aspect of Westfield London at Street Level. We are halfway between Shepherds Bush Market and Wood Lane tube stations.
DS Dental Studio is minutes away from four tube stations:
- Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- Shepherds Bush Market (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- White City (Central Line)
- Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
Shepherds Bush Station is a short walk from DS Dental Studio. Served by London Overground, and Southern with convenient connections at Clapham Junction for journeys from further afield.
Easy parking availability at Westfield London Car Park, on Ariel Way. We are easily signposted from the A40, and if you are using a Sat Nav, use the postcode W12 7SL. Free parking is available for blue badge holders in the middle level car park.
Book A Consultation Now
Simply fill in the following form to book a consultation for Dental Crowns now. Your dream smile awaits.