Dental Bridges in Westfield, London
If you’re looking for a reliable solution to replace missing teeth, you’ve come to the right place. Our dental bridges have been a popular choice for patients looking to bridge the gap created by missing teeth. Say goodbye to gaps in your smile and hello to renewed confidence.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are prosthetic devices used to replace missing teeth by “bridging” the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They consist of two main components: the artificial teeth (pontics) that fill the gap and the abutment teeth, which are the natural teeth or dental implants that provide support and stability for the bridge. Dental bridges are custom-made to match the colour, size, and shape of your natural teeth, ensuring a seamless blend with your existing smile.
Types of Dental Bridges
- Traditional Dental Bridges: Traditional dental bridges are the most common type and are typically used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap created by missing teeth. The pontic teeth are fused between two dental crowns, which are placed on the abutment teeth. These crowns serve as anchors, holding the bridge securely in place.
- Cantilever Dental Bridges: Cantilever bridges are used when you have only one adjacent natural tooth next to the gap. Instead of two crowns, like traditional bridges, a single crown is used to support the bridge on one side. While not as common as traditional bridges, they are a viable option in specific situations.
- Maryland Dental Bridges: Maryland bridges, also known as resin-bonded bridges, are a conservative option for replacing missing front teeth. They consist of a metal or porcelain framework bonded to the back of the adjacent teeth. This type of bridge is less invasive, as it doesn’t require the removal of enamel from neighbouring teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridges: Implant-supported bridges are an excellent solution when multiple adjacent teeth are missing. Dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone, providing a strong foundation for the bridge. This type of bridge offers exceptional stability and prevents bone loss in the jaw.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
- Initial Consultation: Your journey to a restored smile begins with an initial consultation at DS Dental Studio. During this visit, our skilled dental professionals will examine your oral health, discuss your treatment options, and determine if dental bridges are the right choice for you.
- Preparing the Abutment Teeth: If you opt for a traditional bridge, the next step involves preparing the abutment teeth. These teeth will receive crowns to hold the bridge in place. To do this, a small portion of enamel is removed from each abutment tooth to ensure a secure fit for the crowns.
- Impression Taking: Accurate impressions of your teeth are taken to create a custom bridge that perfectly matches your natural teeth. These impressions are sent to a dental laboratory, where skilled technicians craft your bridge.
- Temporary Bridge Placement: While your custom bridge is being created, you’ll receive a temporary bridge to protect the abutment teeth and restore your smile’s appearance.
- Custom Bridge Creation: At the dental laboratory, your bridge is meticulously crafted to match your natural teeth in color, size, and shape. The result is a prosthetic that looks and functions just like real teeth.
- Final Bridge Placement: Once your custom bridge is ready, you’ll return to DS Dental Studio for its final placement. Our experienced team ensures a precise fit and makes any necessary adjustments for your comfort.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Aesthetic Improvement: Dental bridges not only fill the gaps left by missing teeth but also enhance your smile’s appearance. They are custom-designed to match the color and shape of your natural teeth, creating a seamless and attractive look.
- Restored Functionality: Missing teeth can make chewing and speaking more challenging. Dental bridges restore your ability to bite and chew properly, improving your overall oral function.
- Preservation of Natural Tooth Alignment: When teeth are missing, adjacent teeth tend to shift towards the gap, leading to misalignment. Dental bridges prevent this from happening by maintaining the proper spacing and alignment of your teeth.
- Prevents Bone Loss: Your jawbone needs stimulation from teeth to maintain its density and shape. When teeth are missing, the bone can deteriorate over time. Dental bridges, especially implant-supported ones, help stimulate and preserve the jawbone.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to some other tooth replacement options, such as dental implants, dental bridges are a more cost-effective solution for restoring missing teeth.
Cost of Dental Bridges
At DS Dental Studio, our dental bridges are competitively priced, with a starting cost of £750. This initial price reflects the standard dental bridge option, which is an excellent choice for many patients seeking to replace missing teeth and restore their smile’s aesthetics and functionality. The actual cost of your dental bridge may vary based on several factors, including:
- Type of Bridge: The cost can differ depending on the type of dental bridge you choose. Traditional bridges are typically more affordable, while implant-supported bridges tend to be on the higher end due to the additional complexity and materials involved.
- Material: The material used for your dental bridge can influence the cost. We offer various materials, including porcelain, metal, and a combination of both. Our dentist will help you select the most suitable material based on your preferences and needs.
- Number of Missing Teeth: The number of missing teeth that need to be replaced directly impacts the cost. A bridge to replace a single missing tooth will be less expensive than one designed to replace multiple teeth.
- Preparatory Procedures: In some cases, preparatory procedures such as tooth extractions or bone grafting may be necessary before placing the bridge. These additional treatments can affect the overall cost.
Caring for Your Dental Bridge
Maintaining your dental bridge is essential for its longevity and your oral health. Here are some tips for proper care:
- Good Oral Hygiene: Brush your teeth, including the bridge, at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Floss daily to clean between the artificial tooth and your natural teeth. Using an antiseptic mouthwash can help reduce bacteria in your mouth.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Schedule regular dental check-ups with us and cleanings to ensure the bridge and your overall oral health are in excellent condition. Our dentist can identify any issues early and address them promptly.
- Avoid Chewing Hard Objects: While dental bridges are durable, they are not indestructible. Avoid chewing on hard objects like ice, pens, or hard candies, as this can damage your bridge.
- Healthy Diet: A balanced diet not only benefits your overall health but also your oral health. Consume a variety of foods rich in essential nutrients, including fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins.
- Quit Smoking: If you smoke, consider quitting. Smoking can stain your bridge and increase the risk of oral health problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose DS Dental Studio for Your Dental Bridges?
At DS Dental Studio in Westfield, London, choosing us for your dental bridge needs means choosing excellence, experience, and a commitment to your oral health and satisfaction. Here are several compelling reasons to entrust us with your dental bridge procedure:
- Expertise: Our dental team boasts years of experience and expertise in restorative dentistry, including dental bridges. You can trust that your treatment will be carried out by skilled professionals who are dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
- Personalized Solutions: We understand that every patient is unique, and that’s why we offer personalised dental bridge solutions tailored to your specific needs. Whether you require a traditional bridge or an implant-supported bridge, we have the knowledge and technology to provide the best option for you.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: DS Dental Studio is equipped with cutting-edge dental technology, ensuring that your treatment is precise, efficient, and comfortable. Our commitment to staying at the forefront of dental advancements means you’ll receive the best care possible.
- Patient-Centric Approach: Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. We take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and involve you in the decision-making process. Our friendly and compassionate team is dedicated to making your experience as pleasant as possible.
- Comprehensive Care: Beyond providing exceptional dental bridges, we offer a wide range of dental services, from preventive care to cosmetic dentistry. Our comprehensive approach means you can access all your dental needs under one roof.
- Proven Track Record: DS Dental Studio has a long history of delivering successful dental bridge procedures to countless satisfied patients. Our track record speaks to the quality of care and results you can expect.
- Comfortable Environment: We understand that visiting the dentist can be daunting for some. That’s why we’ve created a warm and welcoming environment to help put you at ease. Your comfort is of utmost importance to us.
- Transparent Communication: We believe in transparent communication throughout your treatment journey. You’ll always be well-informed about your options, the procedure, and any associated costs.
- Convenient Location: Our practice is conveniently located in Westfield, London, making it easy for you to access high-quality dental care without the hassle of a long commute.
What Our Patients Say
In addition to English, at the practice we can speak to you in:
We are conveniently located at 📍Unit 201a, Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA📍Reaching us is straightforward. You’ll find us along Wood Lane, on the outside aspect of Westfield London at Street Level. We are halfway between Shepherds Bush Market and Wood Lane tube stations.
DS Dental Studio is minutes away from four tube stations:
- Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- Shepherds Bush Market (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- White City (Central Line)
- Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
Shepherds Bush Station is a short walk from DS Dental Studio. Served by London Overground, and Southern with convenient connections at Clapham Junction for journeys from further afield.
Easy parking availability at Westfield London Car Park, on Ariel Way. We are easily signposted from the A40, and if you are using a Sat Nav, use the postcode W12 7SL. Free parking is available for blue badge holders in the middle level car park.
Book A Consultation Now
Ready to restore your smile? Book a consultation for dental bridges today with the following form, and take the first step towards a confident, complete grin.