How do veneers differ from crowns?
28 September 2023
In the pursuit of a flawless smile, dental procedures like veneers and crowns often come into play. Understanding their differences is crucial in making the right choice for your dental needs. When it comes to enhancing the appearance of your teeth, veneers and crowns are two popular options that can work wonders. Both serve as solutions to various dental issues, but they have distinct characteristics and applications.
Veneers: The Thin and Versatile Option
1. Composition: Veneers are ultra-thin shells, usually made of porcelain or composite resin. They are custom-crafted to fit your teeth precisely.
2. Purpose: Veneers primarily address cosmetic concerns, such as stained, discolored, or slightly misaligned teeth. They’re like the cosmetic camouflage artists of the dental world.
3. Minimal Tooth Alteration: One significant advantage of veneers is that they require minimal tooth alteration. A thin layer of enamel is shaved off the front surface of the tooth to accommodate the veneer.
4. Aesthetic Transformation: Veneers excel at creating a natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance. They can effectively mask stains and improve the shape and alignment of your teeth.
Crowns: The Robust Restorations
1. Composition: Dental crowns are more substantial and encase the entire tooth. They can be made from various materials, including porcelain, metal, or a combination.
2. Purpose: Crowns are not just about aesthetics; they provide structural support and protection. They’re often used to strengthen weakened teeth or after root canal treatments.
3. Extensive Tooth Reduction: Unlike veneers, crowns necessitate more extensive tooth reduction to ensure a snug fit. They encase the entire tooth, providing robust protection.
4. Restorative Power: Crowns are ideal for teeth that have undergone significant damage, decay, or trauma. They restore both function and appearance.
Durability and Longevity
Crowns are generally more robust and durable than veneers due to their extensive coverage and use of sturdy materials. Veneers, while durable, may require replacement sooner, especially if subjected to excessive wear or damage.
The application process also differs. Veneers involve minimal tooth preparation and typically require only two dental visits. Crowns involve more extensive preparation and may necessitate multiple appointments.
Which One Is Right for You?
The choice between veneers and crowns depends on your specific dental needs and goals. Book a consultation with us to determine the most suitable option for your unique circumstances.
Why Choose DS Dental Studio for Veneers?
When considering veneers to enhance your smile, DS Dental Studio in the heart of Westfield, London, emerges as the top choice. Our studio is distinguished by a team of highly experienced veneer specialists who are dedicated to crafting smiles that radiate confidence. We employ cutting-edge dental technology to ensure precision in every aspect of the veneer procedure, from measurements to digital impressions and custom design. What sets us apart is our commitment to creating personalised treatment plans that cater to your unique needs and aesthetic preferences. Our veneer placement process is seamless and minimally invasive, resulting in natural-looking veneers that blend seamlessly with your smile.
With DS Dental Studio, you’re choosing a destination where expertise, technology, and a dedication to natural aesthetics converge to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
What Our Patients Say
In addition to English, at the practice we can speak to you in:
We are conveniently located at 📍Unit 201a, Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA📍Reaching us is straightforward. You’ll find us along Wood Lane, on the outside aspect of Westfield London at Street Level. We are halfway between Shepherds Bush Market and Wood Lane tube stations.
DS Dental Studio is minutes away from four tube stations:
- Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- Shepherds Bush Market (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- White City (Central Line)
- Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
Shepherds Bush Station is a short walk from DS Dental Studio. Served by London Overground, and Southern with convenient connections at Clapham Junction for journeys from further afield.
Easy parking availability at Westfield London Car Park, on Ariel Way. We are easily signposted from the A40, and if you are using a Sat Nav, use the postcode W12 7SL. Free parking is available for blue badge holders in the middle level car park.
Book A Consultation Now
Take the first step towards enhancing your appearance and boosting your self-assurance. Book a consultation for Veneers now and let us bring your dream smile to life.