Teeth Whitening in Westfield, London
A radiant smile not only leaves a lasting impression but also boosts your confidence. If you’re in Westfield, London, and seeking to enhance your smile, look no further than teeth whitening.
Teeth can appear duller for a number of reasons, such as diet, ageing, certain medications, smoking and trauma. Teeth whitening is a gentle chemical process used to eliminate discolouration and lighten teeth, giving you a noticeably brighter and more youthful looking smile.
Understanding Tooth Discolouration
Tooth discolouration is a common dental concern that affects millions of people worldwide. It can mar the beauty of your smile and impact your self-confidence.
- Extrinsic Stains: These stains are a common type of tooth discolouration that occur on the surface of the teeth. They are typically caused by various external factors, including:
- Dietary Choices: Foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-coloured fruits can leave extrinsic stains on teeth over time due to their pigments.
- Tobacco Use: Smoking or using tobacco products introduces tar and nicotine to the mouth, which can result in yellow or brown stains on teeth.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Inadequate brushing and flossing can lead to the accumulation of plaque and tartar, which can discolour teeth.
- Ageing: As we age, the enamel on our teeth naturally wears down, revealing the yellowish dentin beneath, leading to a gradual discolouration.
- Medications: Some medications, such as certain antipsychotics and antihypertensives, may cause tooth discolouration as a side effect.
- Environmental Factors: Exposure to high levels of fluoride during tooth development, either from natural sources or excessive use of fluoride-containing products, can lead to enamel discolouration known as fluorosis.
- Intrinsic Stains: These stains are a type of tooth discolouration that originate from within the tooth structure, making them more challenging to treat than extrinsic stains. These stains develop below the enamel, within the dentin or pulp of the tooth, and can be caused by various factors, including:
- Dental Trauma: Physical injury to a tooth, such as a fall or impact, can result in intrinsic discolouration. The tooth may react to trauma by producing more dentin, which can appear darker than enamel.
- Medication Use: Some medications, such as tetracycline antibiotics, when taken during tooth development (in childhood), can cause intrinsic staining. This type of staining is often more pronounced and can range from yellow to dark brown or grey.
- Genetic Factors: In some cases, genetics can play a role in tooth discolouration. Some individuals may be genetically predisposed to develop teeth with intrinsic stains.
- Ageing: As we age, the dentin inside our teeth naturally darkens, which can become more visible as the enamel thins over time.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening offers a range of benefits that extend beyond a brighter smile, making it a popular cosmetic dental procedure. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Enhanced Aesthetics: The most obvious benefit is a whiter, more attractive smile. Teeth whitening can significantly reduce or eliminate stains and discolouration, boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- Youthful Appearance: Whiter teeth are often associated with youth and vitality. Teeth whitening can help you achieve a more youthful look by restoring the brightness of your smile.
- Improved Self-Confidence: A dazzling smile can boost your self-confidence and encourage you to smile more often, improving your social and professional interactions.
- Non-Invasive: Teeth whitening is a non-invasive procedure that doesn’t require any drilling or removal of tooth structure, making it a safe and straightforward cosmetic option.
- Quick Results: Many teeth whitening treatments provide rapid results, allowing you to see a noticeable difference in just one or two sessions.
- Customisable: Teeth whitening can be tailored to your specific needs and preferences, ensuring that you achieve your desired level of whiteness.
- Minimises the Appearance of Ageing: As we age, our teeth naturally darken. Teeth whitening can reverse this process, helping to create a more youthful appearance.
- Long-Lasting: While the duration of results can vary, teeth whitening can provide long-lasting benefits, especially with good oral hygiene and regular touch-ups.
- Safe and Effective: Professional teeth whitening procedures are conducted under the supervision of a dentist, ensuring both safety and effectiveness.
- Positive Psychological Impact: A brighter smile can lead to a more positive outlook on life, helping to reduce stress and increase overall happiness.
External Teeth Whitening
This involves applying a bleaching agent to the outer surface of the tooth in the following ways:
- Impressions are taken of your teeth so customised whitening trays can be produced to fit comfortably and securely.
- When ready, you will wear these at home with a bleaching gel for a specified length of time each day.
- After completing the treatment, which will take a few weeks, you will attend a follow-up appointment to check your teeth have been successfully lightened.
Professional home whitening treatment is a superior alternative to kits that can be bought over-the-counter because the mouth trays are designed to be a perfect fit, which allows the active gel to work more effectively. The bleaching agent is also stronger and offers enhanced lightening power.
We recommend you use our home whitening kits as, not only are they more effective, they also allow us to keep a close eye on your teeth and help avoid side effects such as gum irritation and tooth sensitivity.
Internal Teeth Whitening
This involves placing a whitening agent inside a discoloured tooth that has had root canal therapy, which means the inner part of the tooth (the ‘pulp’) has been removed and replaced with a rubber filling.
- The lightening product is inserted into a drilled hole which is then sealed with a temporary filling.
- About a week later, the filling and the bleach are removed and, if necessary, the process is repeated. When the ideal shade is achieved, the hole is permanently sealed with a tooth coloured filling.
Teeth whitening will only work on natural teeth and will not be effective on replacement ‘false’ teeth such as crowns, veneers or dentures. However, they can be replaced to match newly whitened teeth.
You can help maintain the whiteness of your teeth by avoiding food and drink that may cause staining, and brushing your teeth at least twice a day. Teeth whitening does not give permanent results but home whitening trays can be reused if a top-up is necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose DS Dental Studio for Teeth Whitening?
When it comes to teeth whitening, DS Dental Studio in Westfield London stands as your premier choice. Our commitment to enhancing your smile goes beyond aesthetics; it’s about boosting your confidence and transforming your self-assurance. Our experienced team employs cutting-edge teeth whitening techniques to ensure exceptional results, all delivered in a comfortable and welcoming environment. With a personalised approach and a focus on your unique needs, we’re dedicated to brightening your smile and leaving you with the lasting impression of unparalleled satisfaction. Choose DS Dental Studio for teeth whitening, and let your radiant smile be your signature.
What Our Patients Say
In addition to English, at the practice we can speak to you in:
We are conveniently located at 📍Unit 201a, Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GA📍Reaching us is straightforward. You’ll find us along Wood Lane, on the outside aspect of Westfield London at Street Level. We are halfway between Shepherds Bush Market and Wood Lane tube stations.
DS Dental Studio is minutes away from four tube stations:
- Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- Shepherds Bush Market (Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line)
- White City (Central Line)
- Shepherds Bush (Central Line)
Shepherds Bush Station is a short walk from DS Dental Studio. Served by London Overground, and Southern with convenient connections at Clapham Junction for journeys from further afield.
Easy parking availability at Westfield London Car Park, on Ariel Way. We are easily signposted from the A40, and if you are using a Sat Nav, use the postcode W12 7SL. Free parking is available for blue badge holders in the middle level car park.
Book A Consultation Now
Are you ready to reveal a brighter, more radiant smile? Don’t wait any longer—fill in the form to book your consultation for teeth whitening with us today! Our expert dental team is dedicated to helping you achieve a stunning, confident smile.